November Challenge – 2018 – Beck
Sloth….where have you been? Doing my thing. I forgot to post on the 11th and 18 so here it is the 19th and I’m finally getting my round to it off it’s flat side and posting. It’s 9 something at night and I’m trying to get this done before I have to get to bed to get enough sleep to get up for work at 5 am. So here goes.
So I have two weeks to catch up on. So let’s just jump into it. Shall we?
Wash my face twice a day. I’ve got this one on lock. I wash my face in the morning, I wash it after work. Then I wash my face before I go to bed.
Brush my teeth twice a day. I’ve gotten this to be habit. I’ve actually moved this to be done every time I wash my face too. AND… I’ve added flossing and using a mouth rinse. Which kinda stings… but I’m going with it.
Brush my hair every day.
3 meals a day within the calorie intake I want. Work is still a problem with this one. Some idiot has been stealing my food. Did I mention I work around food and they could eat that? Whatever. I figured it out, I bought meal replacement stuff that I’m pretty sure that no one will eat. So, out of the 14 days this post is covering. 8 days were 3 meals under the calorie intake.
Say something nice to myself once a day. Ya know what.. I’m getting okay at this one too. I’ve accomplished it every day. I’ve said all kinds of things to myself. Some days it’s just You look great at 4 in the morning. Good job!
Treat others the way you want to be treated always. You always say be the change you want to see and be kind to yourself as well as others. Next month this one won’t be my goal. My goal will be to treat others the way the deserve to be treated. Some people are just jerks. Be kind to begin with, but when they’ve proven to you that you are wasting your time. Do what you gotta do Boo Boo. I’ve accomplished this goal 12 out of 14 days as written.
Do something that makes me smile at least once a day. This one was by FAR the most fun for me. For one thing I was totally breaking a dress code rule with this one and I loved it. I busted out my knee socks. Harley Quinn (Old school Batman version) socks twice this week, Skulls on Wednesday, Nightmare before Christmas on Thursday and Friday. You don’t have to share that smile. My favorite is my boney hand bow which has become my every day wear. I love it. 14 out of 14 days.
Do the dishes after every meal. Not just once a day… after EVERY meal. Yup. Accomplished for the days I was home to do this. Get to that. 14 out of 14 days
Laundry… washing, drying, folding and putting away. Washing, drying and throwing into a basket is not enough. Yup, done. 14 out of 14 days.
Clean kitchen daily…. Yup, 13 out of 14 days.
Clean one room per day. Nope. I didn’t do this on the 9th but 13 out of 14.
Mow the lawn every two weeks. The last time I did this was on October 30th. I did go out to mow the lawn and realized it hasn’t grown. The only thing I can think is that no rain equals no grass. It’s cool. It needs to stay that way!
House should be clean by Sunday every single week. No excuses. Yup. Done.
Take Ciara to school EVERY day that I don’t have to work at 6am. Take her home from school any day I get off before 1pm. Mission accomplished
Make breakfast every morning. Mission accomplished. I fed the Dragon and Myself.
Make dinner every night. Out eating needs to be special occasions or rewards only. Ummm… nope. I’ve got a 9 out of 14 on this one.
Hug the dragon at least once a day. Even when she’s not wanting to be bothered. Make her interact with humanity one time a day for a few moments. The Dragon wants me to stop this goal. I say no! 14 out of 14.
Visit my mom only 3 days. It is not your responsibility to “do” for her yet. Give her only three days. Nope… My mama got 3 days the second week and 4 the next week.
Drag sister to the gym once a week for as long as she’s willing to do so. Her goals have to be set by herself and not you. I did call her and ask her if she wanted to go with me. Each time she said no. She’s grown so… that’s her bad.
Play with my doggy. Play can be cuddle when he’s not wanting to play. Not on Friday November 9th but the rest of the 13 days yes.
1. Schedule a time to hang out with Ki in person. Then DO IT. WE DID IT! I drove out to her house on Friday November 9th. Hung out all day Saturday November 10th and then I came home that night!
2. Go to a museum, an SCA event, or state park at least once in the month. Ki and I went to a Monkey Preserve and an abandoned cemetery so Guess what? GOOOOAAAAALLLL!
3. Spend adult time with other humans. Could be my sister and her husband. anyone… just adult time.
That’s it. That’s as social as I want to get. Let’s move on. Yep, I hung out with my sister and brother in law. Goal.
This is simple.
1. Create one thing a month and post it on MDC.(that’s a crafty group on Facebook) I haven’t done this yet. But I still have time before the end of the month.
2. Research garb for SCA events that I won’t hate.That’s it. TA DA! I have done this a little bit but I haven’t found the right thing yet.
1. 5 – 10 minute HIIT workout before work daily. 14 out of 14
2. 10 -20 minute HIIT workout after work daily. 14 out of 14
3. 10 – 30 minute HIIT workout after dinner daily. 14 out of 14
4. Go to the Gym at least twice a week. 14 out of 14
5. Go for a walk outside in fresh air at least once a week. Week two was a hike with Ki. Week 3 I took my sister’s dog for a very long walk around a park.
6. Drink 10 8 ounce glasses of water a day. 14 out of 14
7. Stay under 2,000 calories a day. YAY! 14 out of 14
And a BIG GIANT EXTRA goal that I really want to happen so it’s getting it’s own category…
Weight Under 200 lbs by December 1st.
So I was 212 lbs at the beginning of this challenge and I’m now 204.4. So I’m getting CLOSE!
That’s it! Thanks for reading!
Until next time, be nice to yourself and others.
P.S. If you’d like Ki’s free weight loss progress chart to use for yourself, just submit your name and email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page and it’ll take you to your own free copy.
- For challenge worksheets and the Forget Skinny planner, see our Planners & Worksheets page!
In an effort to be transparent to our visitors, please understand that we get small commissions from purchases made through the links in this article. Please review our full disclosure at the very top left side of this site, next to the date.