I Am The Storm Distance Challenge
The I Am The Storm Distance Challenge is one of the current races we're working on. I signed up for it on November 18, 2020. But, due to Tendonitis in my foot, I have not started the race yet. I have until December 31, 2020 to complete 100 miles to meet my original goal. So I need to get to it very soon, I just want to let my foot heal as much as I can first. I may have to push it out to next year.
Since I haven't yet completed this race, I will be sure to come back and update this post as I work the challenge and complete the goal.
- Fee: $29
- Type: 100 Miles
- Gear: Medal, Bib, T-Shirt
- Difficulty: Medium
- Website: I Am The Storm Distance Challenge
- Charity: Foundation for Women's Cancer
- Days to Complete: 102
- Dates Available: 9/22/2020 - 2/28/2021
What I Liked
There were several things I liked about the I Am The Storm Distance Challenge:
- Gear - To me, the medal and bibs are must haves for races. Getting a shirt also is a nice surprise now and then. And this one actually had my size!
- Theme - I love the storm theme. I love thunderstorms simply because of the power behind them. This challenge embraces that concept.
- Distance - The smaller races that only require 5k, 10k or even half marathons are over so quickly that they don't really do a good job of keeping me focused on being active. This one does with the goal of 100 miles. It will take me several days of activity to complete this one.
- Colors - Purples, greens, and blues are my favorite colors, this challenge has a lot of those colors
What I Disliked
It's only fair to report what I didn't like about the I Am The Storm Distance Challenge also, right? There weren't many things I disliked about this race. But there were a few:
- Availability - This seems to be one of those races that is only offered for a limited time. I haaate that! I don't like to be participating in too many races at one time so I like to spread them out and do them individually. But since this one is only offered until the end of February 2021, I only have until then to purchase it. But this isn't too much of a problem since you can complete the race any time.
- Shirt - Don't get me wrong, the shirt is a quality, cotton shirt. I would prefer to have an option for a tank top as I live in Florida where it's hot almost year round. Not really complaining here, just being honest. I wore the shirt just yesterday.
So, the I Am The Storm Distance Challenge was a great challenge. It wasn't a 5k or 10k that we can finish in a few short hours. It is a more challenging short term goal that will require us to stay focused for more than a day. Those are the challenges that will get us to our weight loss goals faster.
I will enjoy this race. If you're reading this and you sign up to participate, don't forget to join our team! We are the Sloth Runners.
Now... get to stepping!