November Challenge - 2018 - Beck
I'm so tired of this challenge. I came up with it but so much tracking and checking and yeah. I do not like it at all! Enough whining Beck! How did you do this week?
Wash my face twice a day. I still have this locked down. 7/7
Brush my teeth twice a day. Still locked down. 7/7
Brush my hair every day.
3 meals a day within the calorie intake I want. So work is a problem with food. I had a slight thief there. I got Atkins meal replacement bars, shakes and snacks. What I do is I drink a full shake before I go to work at 6am. Then at 10 I eat the snack, and then at 2 I eat the meal. I'm not starved when I go home between 4 and 5. Thursday was Thanksgiving I ate one time that day. I'm going to say it was 6/7.
Say something nice to myself once a day. I did this. Good job! 7/7
Treat others the way you want to be treated always. I can't really get into what "had happened was" but I took the old advice "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all." But I got through Thanksgiving without bail so YAY ME! I've accomplished this goal 6 out of 7 days as written.
Do something that makes me smile at least once a day. This one is STILL by FAR the most fun for me. I decided to pig tail it under my hair net. Cute socks... my sloths were fun. Boney hand bow, I wear those daily. I love it. 7/7
Do the dishes after every meal. Not just once a day... after EVERY meal. Yup. Accomplished!7/7
Laundry... washing, drying, folding and putting away. Washing, drying and throwing into a basket is not enough. Yup, done. 7/7
Clean kitchen daily.... Yup, 7/7
Clean one room per day. I don't like this goal anymore. 7/7
Mow the lawn every two weeks. I went out and checked this Friday... it needed. I mowed the lawn. 1/1
House should be clean by Sunday every single week. Yup. Done. 1/1
Take Ciara to school EVERY day that I don't have to work at 6am. Take her home from school any day I get off before 1pm. She was out of school this week so this can't be counted.
Make breakfast every morning.
Make dinner every night. Out eating needs to be special occasions or rewards only. Ummm… nope. We didn't eat a second time on Thursday. But the rest of the time. Did it. 6/7
Hug the dragon at least once a day. Even when she's not wanting to be bothered. Make her interact with humanity one time a day for a few moments. She still hates this... but I'm still doing it. 7/7
Visit my mom only 3 days. It is not your responsibility to "do" for her yet. Give her only three days. This week she got 3 days. Thursday it was a full family day so that doesn't count. 3/3
Drag sister to the gym once a week for as long as she's willing to do so. Her goals have to be set by herself and not you. I did call her and ask her if she wanted to go with me. Each time she said no. She's grown so... that's her bad. This goal is being removed. She has proven she's not interested.
Play with my doggy. Play can be cuddle when he's not wanting to play. 7/7
1. Schedule a time to hang out with Ki in person. Then DO IT. WE DID IT! I Did this on November 9th so this is a non goal now.
2. Go to a museum, an SCA event, or state park at least once in the month. Ki and I went to a Monkey Preserve and an abandoned cemetery. This is now a non goal now.
3. Spend adult time with other humans. Could be my sister and her husband. anyone... just adult time. I hung out with all of my siblings except for one on Thanksgiving. They are hilarious people! 1/1
This is simple.
1. Create one thing a month and post it on MDC.(that's a crafty group on Facebook) I haven't done this yet. But I still have time before the end of the month. I got a few more days... it'll be alright!
2. Research garb for SCA events that I won't hate. I have found that I really like Bedouin and Turkish. I'm still deciding. I might not decide for sure until I can afford it. But research alone... that's what I've come up with. So I'm calling this goal done. 1/1
1. 5 - 10 minute HIIT workout before work daily. 7/7
2. 10 -20 minute HIIT workout after work daily. 7/7
3. 10 - 30 minute HIIT workout after dinner daily. 7/7
4. Go to the Gym at least twice a week. Nope. I didn't go at all.
5. Go for a walk outside in fresh air at least once a week. Nope. I didn't do this this week.
6. Drink 10 8 ounce glasses of water a day. 7/7
7. Stay under 2,000 calories a day. YAY! 6/7 Thanksgiving ya'll. Thanksgiving.
And a BIG GIANT EXTRA goal that I really want to happen so it's getting it's own category...
Weight Under 200 lbs by December 1st.
So I was 212 lbs at the beginning of this challenge and I'm now 202.4. Inching down down down to the goal.
So that's all I've got this week. There is one more week of this challenge. I've got a post it on my wall that says "KEEP IT SIMPLE" to remind me that I don't want to track this much stuff.
Until next time, be nice to yourself and others.
P.S. If you'd like Ki's free weight loss progress chart to use for yourself, just submit your name and email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page and it'll take you to your own free copy.
- For challenge worksheets and the Forget Skinny planner, see our Planners & Worksheets page!
In an effort to be transparent to our visitors, please understand that we get small commissions from purchases made through the links in this article. Please review our full disclosure at the very top left side of this site, next to the date.